As a mama with two jobs, I do not have a lot of time. That means all of my meals need to be quick and easy otherwise I fall victim to the nearest drive thru.
It took me a long time to buy in to the Instant Pot craze. And even longer to build up the courage to use it. Now that I have it down – it is a life saver. I always loved seeing crock pot recipes but as a working mama I don’t have the time to wait 4-8 hours for the meal to be ready. A girl gets hangry, ya know? What I love about the Instant Pot is that most of the crockpot recipes can be altered and cooked way quicker.
I have come across so many awesome soup and stew recipes. They are perfect for chilly Fall and Winter days. If you are looking for a great stew, check out my Instant Pot Beef Stew Recipe.
Now onto the Chicken Fajita Soup Recipe
- 2.5lbs of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (frozen)
- 1 packet of Taco Seasoning
- 1 10.5oz can of Rotel
- 1 can of Sweet Corn
- 1 can of Black Beans
- 1 32oz can of Chicken Broth
- Mexican blend cheese
- Sour cream
- Tortilla stripa
- Place frozen chicken breast into the Instant Pot.
- Top with taco seasoning, Rotel and broth.
- Drain corn and black beans and then add to the Instant Pot.
- Set Instant Pot to High Pressure, Sealing for 24 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot is done, vent.
- Once pressure is released, open lid and shred the chicken breasts.
- When those are shredded add the block of cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Serve and top with your choice of toppings!
A great thing about this recipe is that you can customize it to your liking. Want spicy? Choose the spicy Rotel. Are you dairy free? Swap out the cheeses. Prefer steak? Switch out the meat. Don’t like meat? Take it out and add some bell peppers and onions.
What are you going to top your soup with?
I’ve connected with some amazing Bloggers to share some blogs featuring heartwarming food recipes! Soups, broths, casseroles & more! Head to each of their blogs to check out what they are sharing.
Mai | Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Michelle | Mexican Lentil Soup Sonoran Style
Krystalyn | Filipino Beef Stew – Sinigang na Baka
Laila | Green Bean Casserole